The contest will be held on May 19 at the Pompeya Campus (Km. 3.5 via Vilcabamba, Loja, Ecuador), the Origami 3D event consists of two categories that will be indicated in the present instructions.
- Encouraging creativity, the ability to make personal decisions, divergent thinking, the ability to face new situations and solve unforeseen problems are unavoidable objectives in any educational plan that wants to prepare our students to function in a changing social and technical environment.
- Develop in the students artistic and intellectual skills.
- Motivate a disposition toward art and healthy fun.
- Encourage imagination and encourage artistic expression.
- Strengthen self-esteem and self-confidence as personal growth.
- Develop manual dexterity and benefit attention.
- Develop patience and perseverance
- Perfect the senses of sight, touch and stereology (mental representation in space).
Levels and categories
|1st Category||7th Grade General Basic Education||5th Grade Primary School|
|6th Grade General Basic Education||4th Grade Primary School|
|2nd Category||10th Grade General Basic Education||2nd Grade Secondary School|
|9th Grade General Basic Education||1st Grade Secondary School|
|8th Grade General Basic Education||6th Grade Primary School|
- Each Institution may participate with a student as a minimum, and a maximum of 3 students per category.
- You will participate with a theme of your own.
- It will take place at the Pompeya Campus, where they must go with the necessary material according to the figure to be made.
- Creative name of the figure in 3D Origami.
- One figure will be admitted per student per maximum.
- The figures must be unpublished.
- Figures that have been awarded in other contests or are currently participating in other similar events will not be accepted.
- Participants will have three hours to create their figure in Origami 3D.
|Model creative name and originality of the design||25%|
|Cleaning and precision in folding (Material)||25%|
The winner will be the student who has a percentage greater than 75% of the final grade, otherwise, the contest will be declared void.
- The “San Gerardo” Individual Educational Unit will designate a representative of the institution to participate in the event, which will not be part of the contest.
- The participant must present their student card and attend punctually with the uniform of the institution they represent.
- Failure to comply with the aforementioned, the organizers may disqualify the participating school immediately.
The qualifying jury (independent of the organizing institution) will be made up of prominent figures from our city, who will designate a winner or a winner considering the points above. The result of the jury will be unappealable.
- The Unidad Educativa Particular “San Gerardo” will issue a certificate of participation to all the contestants.
- It will be awarded a medal to the three best works by category.
- The best participation of each of the categories with the delivery of a medal will be recognized.
The educational institution must register the participant online, fulfilling the following requirements:
- Registration form: Participating institutions must send the registration form to the event’s mail: email@example.com, which must be completed in full from April 3 to May 9, 2017.
- Registration link: INSCRIBIRSE
- The participant must be accompanied by a delegation (10 properly uniformed students) of the educational establishment he represents, which must maintain appropriate conduct before, during and after the event.
- The educational institution can register several participants.