EUREKA KID’S is a recreational Olympiad, which is held for the fourth consecutive year and consists of the exhibition of Natural Science experiments; in which students from different public and private educational establishments from the South of Ecuador and the North of Peru participate.
Levels established for the development of the event:
|4th level||7th Grade of General Basic Education||5th Grade of Primary Education|
|3rd level||6th Grade of General Basic Education||4th Grade of Primary Education|
|2nd level||5th Grade of General Basic Education||3rd Grade of Primary Education|
|1st level||4th Grade of General Basic Education||2nd Grade of Primary Education|
• The participants are only and exclusively those students belonging to the Educational Institutions of Southern Ecuador and Northern Peru.
• The schools belonging to the coastal system must register their students at the level before the approved basic year. That is, the 8th Year students of Basic General Education, will participate with the 7th Year students of Basic General Education belonging to the Sierra system and thus correspondingly.
• The Responsible Teachers must present themselves at the facilities of the Unidad Educativa Particular “San Gerardo”, on the day of the exhibition of the event, Thursday, May 18, 2018; being essential the presence of the participating groups at least one hour before the start of the event (since the assembly of each experiment is required and the installation of the materials to be used for this assembly), to register each of the participants of your institution, carrying the documentation that accredits them as representative of the educational entity; as well as the corresponding identifications (identity card or student card) of the participants who will present the project; it will also include a letter signed by the secretary of the Educational Institution, which will certify the current year of study of enrolled students.
REGULATIONS TO BE APPLIED
It is required that the experiment to be presented comply with the following regulations:
- Each participating institution will conduct an experiment in which a theme of the current curriculum for each level will apply.
- The number of participants for each level will be from 1 to 3 students per Educational Institution.
- In the presentation of the final report for EUREKA KID’S must include the enabling documents such as: folder where the cover is written (name of the Educational Unit, theme of the experiment, name of the student exhibitor, level or year of basic, advisor or responsible teacher) , then the report of the practice must be stated, which must be stated on A4 size sheets of paper, line spacing 2, Times New Roman 12, the pages must be numbered.
- The report of EUREKA KID’S practices must contain: the title, introduction, objectives, materials, substances, assembly outline, procedure, conclusions (in accordance with the objectives) recommendations and finally must include the bibliography. It is important to finally record the annexes (they include photographs where the participant is observed performing the experiments in each of its stages).
- The works must be exhibited by the student (s) that make up the registered exhibiting team, always supported by the responsible teacher when the occasion merits. However, the participation of the students during the observation of the qualifying jury will be exclusive of the students. The contribution by the teacher will not be allowed.
- In case of a tie, the Qualifying Jury must make a decision based on the development of the process required by each participating experiment.
- The first three places will be awarded with diplomas of honor and corresponding medals for each place.
PARAMETERS FOR THE EVENT EUREKA KID’S
|Originality of the experimental practice theme||10|
|Quality of the written report presented (objectives, materials, procedure, assembly plan, conclusions, recommendations)||10|
|Introduces viewers and evaluators to the theme of experimentation developed.||10|
|Demonstrates a reflective understanding of the subject investigated, which is evidenced in its exposed arguments and responses offered to viewers and evaluators.||20|
|In their conclusions and recommendations, they managed to systematize the learning obtained as a result of the research carried out and the experiment executed.||10|
|It is expressed with clarity and attitude of leadership in the sustenance of it (gestures, language, posture, tone of voice)||15|
|Effect and social impact of the experiment carried out.||15|
|PrepareS the space for the development of the exhibition (table, poster, photos, examples, etc.)||10|
The jury will be composed of invited professionals, teachers and professionals from universities and local foundations, who have no connection with the Individual Educational Unit “San Gerardo”
NOTE. The folders of the reports of the experiments will be received from March 26 to April 30, 2018, for review, for which two printed copies must be submitted.
It should be noted that the Unidad Educativa Particular “San Gerardo” in the development of the event will only participate as the host, but will not compete in any category.
Contents by Level
- First level
• Physical forces and Matter.
• Natural resources.
• Renewable and non-renewable resources.
• Strategic resources: Soil and water.
• Ecuador Biodiverso.
• My body: food and care.
- Second level
• Biotic and abiotic beings.
• Human body and health.
• Natural diversity.
• The universe and the planet Earth.
• Environment and relief.
• The matter.
- Third level
• Natural life.
• Human being and health.
• Biological Diversity.
• Hydrosphere and biosphere.
• Transformation of matter and energy.
• Strength, electricity, and magnetism.
- Fourth level
• Living beings.
• Human physiology.
• Planet Earth.
• Matter and energy.
• Forces and machines.
Academic Excellence Award:
- The students of our institution who obtain the three highest scores will be recognized with gold, silver and bronze medals.
- To achieve the award the gerardine academic excellence will be taken into account only the scores greater than 75% of the total score of the individual events per event, these results will be used to be accumulated to the general sum, it should be emphasized the award for Academic Excellence Gerardina , it will be granted to the institution that reaches 90% of the total sum of all events, otherwise it will be declared void.
- Medals for each level (gold, silver, and bronze respectively) will be awarded to the winners with their respective diplomas and honorable mentions.
- The award ceremony will be held at the Closing Program on Friday, May 18 at the National Theater Benjamín Carrión at 12:30.
- Participation in the Olympics is not particular, but institutional. For this reason, it is the institutions that must register according to the procedure indicated below:
- Registration form: Participating institutions must send the registration form to the event email: firstname.lastname@example.org, which will be filled out in full with legible handwriting.
- Another way to register is online (online) at: www.sangerardo.edu.ec / option BIOLEAGE / REGISTRATION and choose the EUREKA event.
- Date of the Eureka event: Thursday, May 17, 2018, at 2:00 p.m.
- Registration openings: from March 26 to April 30, 2018.
La Pompeya Campus: Exodo de Yangana Ave., 3.5 km to Vilcabamba
Telephone 07 2545744 / Fax 07 2545743
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 14:00.